Today I finished knitting a tank top for my son (he likes them!) and made a quick soup for lunch. I had to take the car to the garage in the morning & to pass the time, I read one of the magazines left lying around. It was freezing in the waiting room & the soup recipe inspired me to make something hearty and warming... so check out the recipe!
Talking of recipes; we had friends over for a meal last night - a nice informal evening to discuss the merits of taking on an allotment (more of which later!) and my husband cooked a fabulous meal: a caribbean lamb curry cooked in the slow cooker, with rice, a lovely bean salad, fried plantain & quick-fried prawns. Pudding was Jamaican ginger cake served with raisins soaked in rum & a really good vanilla ice-cream... mmm!
No comments:
Post a Comment