Thursday, 19 February 2009

Red Circle Press Exchange

I've finally begun my plate for the next Exchange that's approaching (imminently - eek!). I've mulled over the concept of Chance Operations & realised that some of my previous work can be seen along those lines & it gives me the opportunity to try out some new techniques without putting too much thought into it - the problem being, that the more I dwell on an idea, the less I like the outcome!

Anyway I've tried a new spit bite mordant this week on the wrong side of a plate. Rather than fully prepping a beautiful piece of copper, I've taken on the idea of "Chance" in the respect that mark's have already been made to the underside of the plate in chance encounters. I dropped the spit bite onto the plate, allowing it to settle as forces dictate (again; chance) & left it to bite for an hour (it not being a particularly aggressive mordant). I had a few minutes left of my session to do a test print & I'm quite pleased with it. The original  marks on the plate are equally as beautiful / interesting as the spit bite mark, creating a dialogue. I'm going to do a second spit bite on an area that didn't take as well & then get on with editioning it. Sounds so easy doesn't it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment