Tuesday, 3 February 2009

Printmaking today

Well, Tuesday night is my night for the studio. Green Door recently held a short exhibition at The Beetroot Tree in Draycott, near Derby and together with the Christmas break, they have taken my mind off the important things - printmaking! I had a really good session in the studio last week. I began several plates before the break & then floundered with them... where do I go from here? The break allowed me to take the pressure of myself & to look at things with a different perspective. I have incorporated embossed textures to Movement pt 2 which I feel has finally resolved the issue... hopefully!
The good thing about etching is that once you have run off a few test prints, they have to be left in the dryer & as I tend to do just one session a week, the break gives me fresh eyes to view the work.
So! Tonight I shall have a look at last week's results and decide if that is the right direction & if so, I shall run off an edition to accompany the original Movement piece.
If you want to know more about the studio or indeed what etching entails, check out Green Door's website. You can also view my portfolio online there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment