A little squeal of excitement was heard in our housethis afternoon when I discovered that our favourite pub The Exeter Arms is going to be serving meals on Sundays now. I can't wait!
We've already sampled some of their amazing food which is locally sourced, freshly cooked and served with a smile: Their Great British tapas board is amazing - thick cut, skins-on chips served with a beautiful scotch egg, sausage roll, pork pie, all of which are homemade, a chunk of locally made cheese and a picallili which is probably the best I've ever tasted! We've also had a beetroot cured salmon served with wasabi cream (part of the fish board), a humous grazing board and a chip shop platter (fish and chips with a twist). Their burgers are calling me and I could go on... and on... and on...
It was borne from their micro brewery, The Dancing Duck and you're always guaranteed a good ale (or wine). It's a lovely welcoming traditional pub with roaring fires in the winter and a lovely courtyard to sup in, in the summer. They have bands playing regularly which I have yet to experience but all look interesting and their Monday night quiz (Dr Pippen's Paradoxical Perlustrations - not as scary as it sounds!) packs the pub out.
You just can't fault the place and my only complaint is why can't there be more places like this that take their food, ales, environment and clientele seriously - with a cheeky twist. Oh and prices (as we must consider in these straightened times) are very good. Considering the standard, you're not going to get any better for your pounds!
Anyway, looking forward to trying a Sunday lunch there in the not too distant future!
No comments:
Post a Comment