Saturday, 9 June 2012

Sourdough

I really have to try this recipe out for sourdough. Never having tried it before, the idea never appealed. That, and the bizarre way of nurturing the 'mother'! Then I tried some that someone had made for  a party recently and I am hooked! It's not like any other bread that I've tasted and so more-ish! The fact that there is always some ready to start once you've established it means that you should never run out and, of course, you can never beat freshly baked bread.

My husband was given a bread maker as a birthday present from my parents a few years ago and once he got into the swing of it, we were having fresh bread every day. Unfortunately the habit was broken and we're back to buying bread. I hope that once we've begun the sourdough 'mother', that we'll be up and running again. I shall post the results!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/journalists/xanthe-clay/8360013/Laura-Harts-sourdough-bread-recipe.html

No comments:

Post a Comment